Prime Video is an industry leading, high-growth business and a critical driver of Amazon Prime subscriptions, which contribute to customer loyalty and lifetime value. Prime Video is used daily by a massive audience on Amazon's websites and through a variety of devices including the Kindle Fire, game consoles, smart TVs and Blu-ray players. Prime Video is a digital video streaming and download service that offers Amazon customers the ability to rent, purchase or subscribe to a huge catalog of videos. Movies range from new releases to classic favorites, and Prime Video offers major television episodes, entire seasons, or even day after air TV.
The Prime Video Content Analytics team uses machine learning, econometrics, and data science to optimize Amazon’s streaming-video catalogue, driving customer engagement and Prime member acquisition. We generate insights to guide Amazon’s digital-video strategy, and we provide direct support to the content-acquisition process. We use detailed customer behavioral data (e.g. streaming history) and detailed information about content (e.g. IMDb-sourced characteristics) to predict and understand what customers like to watch.
We are looking for a data scientist to build innovative systems for measuring the impact of engagement with Prime Video content. Key responsibilities of Prime Video data scientists include the following:
· Optimizing the digital video catalog to improve customer experience and grow the Amazon business.
· Improving model usability by analyzing customer behavior and by gathering requirements from business owners and other tech teams. Incorporating new data sources and implementing creative methodology innovations to improve model performance.
· Creating and tracking accuracy and performance metrics.
· Helping build production systems that take inputs from multiple models and support decision making.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience producing models and analytics for business applications
· Breadth of experience in standard machine-learning and statistical modeling tools and techniques (e.g. random forests, gradient-boosted regression, LASSO, logistic regression)
· Experience in programming in R, Python, Scala or similar languages and maintaining code repositories in git
· Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
· Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools
· Experience collaborating with software development teams, data scientists, business intelligence or other technical roles
· Excellent communication including direct correspondence with senior leadership
· Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
· Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift, Sagemaker)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.