AWS Activate is a program designed to help early stage startups build and grow successful businesses on AWS. Startups of any size or stage can sign up for AWS Activate, and gain access to a new self-service interface, where they will gain access to both technical and business guidance, training, education, content, benefits, rewards, connections, and more. The AWS Activate console will also make personalized recommendations based on the unique qualities of their business (stage, funding round, geography, industry, and technology).
As the Product Marketing Manager primarily focused on the AWS Activate life-cycle, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of this important strategic program including developing, implementing and managing marketing programs that drive activation, engagement and retention. You’ll be responsible for developing compelling content for each stage of the customer journey, and will partner directly with product management, startup marketing and business development to engage your audience throughout the adoption funnel. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, pragmatic metrics-driven executor, and customer-obsessed steward.
Core job responsibilities:
· Develop the life-cycle marketing strategy for AWS Activate inclusive of early on-boarding and sustained usage that delivers downstream impact across AWS.
· Create and refine effective marketing programs that leverage tenure and customer behavior data, and include a mix of triggered, targeted and broad educational campaigns.
· Develop compelling content to meet the needs of startups at every stage of their journey.
· Forge personal relationships with advocate customers and build out case studies, testimonials and quotes in association with the reference team.
· Develop innovative ways and potentially new tools to communicate with customers across email, on device, mobile, push notifications, and more.
· Define, measure and leverage KPIs to consistently improve.
Position may be located in Palo Alto, CA or virtual U.S. Relocation offered from within the US to Palo Alto, CA only.”
· 5+ years of experience building engagement and retention marketing programs
· 7+ years of experience in product marketing, digital marketing, life-cycle marketing or communications related field
· Experience or Certification in Marketo or other Marketing Software
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Proven track record in managing global email programs
· Experience in building successful life-cycle programs from the bottom up and with no previous framework
· Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
· Analytical mindset with demonstrated proficiency in marketing from acquisition to retention
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including technical, engineering, marketing, and business development teams
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer data and business metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
· Attention to detail, a high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Comfortable/experienced working with global teams
· Proven track record for embracing new marketing tools and technologies
· Solid grasp of the startup ecosystem and how all the pieces fit (founders, investors, accelerators, exits, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.