Amazon Mobile Shopping is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and millions of users. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers using their favorite mobile phones. Our mission is to elevate and simplify usability of the Amazon shopping app, with the vision to significantly modernize the app, keeping Amazon engaging and fresh. We push both evolutionary and revolutionary user experience (UX) experiments at a velocity to ensure customers feel the Amazon app as not only functional, but also delightful and on the cutting edge.
As a Software QA Engineer on the App Experiences (AppX) team, you’ll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Amazon. Our App needs to meet remarkably high standards of quality, fluidity, performance and reliability. If you are enthusiastic about delivering quality user experience to delight customers, this is the right team for you.
At this role, you will test Mobile App features at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. You are responsible for driving our software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. You’ll setup QA processes to pace up our ability to deliver new feature to our customers. You will represent the Amazon shoppers perspective while development and you will have the opportunity to influence the user experience of Amazon Shopping App on Mobile devices. You use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. You understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and contribute to automated tests. You will work side by side with Product Managers, UX Designers, Mobile Engineers and are at the forefront of customer innovation. You will never be bored here!
· Drive test strategy, take the lead to create and maintain test cases, and update to cover new features.
· Perform manual validation across iOS and Android devices.
· Validate feature changes and perform targeted regression tests against Mobile App releases.
· Track test projects and maintain reporting to partners throughout development cycle.
· Work closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements
· Be the ‘voice of the customer’ and push for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Identify, document and track bugs through resolution.
· Contribute to automated test coverage for critical functional areas under test
· Vet automation reports, investigate failures and fix any false positives.
· Perform root cause analysis investigation and troubleshoot errant product behavior.
· 4+ years professional experience as QAE or similar role
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience in Mobile App consumer facing feature manual testing on iOS and Android devices
· Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies,
· Experience building and designing test strategies and creating, managing and implementing test plans.
· Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
· Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.
· Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories.
· Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
· Familiar software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
· Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about Apps you’ve developed!
· Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Location could be either: San Francisco, CA or Cupertino, CA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.