The Devices Supply-Demand Planning team is looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the Optimization Services product for Amazon Devices (Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle, Ring, etc.). As a Senior Product Manager - Technical you will lead a team of software developers and operations research scientists to optimize the production, shipment, and distribution of Amazon’s devices globally. This is a high-visibility role for a far-reaching product that directly impacts the experience of Amazon customers and contributes to Amazon’s bottom line.
Amazon’s devices business currently encompasses 40+ devices across 10+ countries, with more devices and countries launching every year. To lead the continued evolution of this mature product you will need a learning mentality to understand the intricacies of the current system, the ability to identify interdependencies with other systems, knowledge of supply chain optimization theories, and high business judgement. You will lead the definition of the long-term strategic vision, creation and execution of the product roadmap, interaction with technical teams, product testing, and communication with senior leadership.
The ideal Senior Product Manager candidate will have demonstrated excellence in leading cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal, knowledge of optimization model frameworks, experience working with technical teams (engineers and operations research scientists), surfacing insights into product-related opportunities and pain points, scaling processes and systems, and the ability effective communicate the most relevant information to a variety of stakeholders.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience working directly with engineering teams
· Superior written and spoken communication skills
· Advanced degree in operations research, statistics, engineering, or similar technical field preferred
· 8+ years of product management experience preferred
· Experience with supply optimization technology