Alexa Communications is reinventing the way customers enjoy and connect to one-another in a genuine and meaningful way. You’re chatting and making memories every day. Maybe you’re in a video call streaming your kids playing on the swings, making a quick call while running errands to your parent, or just dropping in to have a conversation with your significant other while on your lunch break. On the Alexa Show and beyond, Communications brings you face-to-face with loved ones.
We are building experiences that make it easy, even effortless, for customers to connect with loved ones and have flexibility in controlling their communication experiences, no matter what device or platform they want to start that conversation on.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development with C#, Java, or equivalent deploying scalable software
· Have worked across multiple platforms to deliver software, including the service side and client side.
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience communicating with other technical teams, collect requirements, describe software product features and drive technical designs
· Demonstrated ability to work within an engineering environment to drive operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us