Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization provides the core technologies that drive and power the Amazon website and the consumer experience. Millions of customer page views and orders per day are enabled by the systems eCF builds from the ground up.
The mission of the Promotions Platform team, within eCF, is to provide the world’s best eCommerce point-of-sale promotions capabilities. Our focus is on point-of-sale discount promotions. Our systems surface relevant promotional offers to evoke shopper interest, apply discounts at the point of sale, and fulfill promised post-order benefits. Our platform runs promotions to improve the overall buying experience for shoppers, while providing a mechanism for promotion creators to achieve their business objectives. Our charter expands where possible to provide standalone technologies for other software development teams to leverage, even though the primary motivation for building these systems is to satisfy promotions platform requirements.
We are seeking a talented industry leader who is passionate about developing high quality products on behalf of customers preferably within a large organization. You must possess a strong background in owning the end-to-end product and the ability to communicate and influence a range of stakeholders including senior management, business partners, software engineering, and customers. You must have a solid and proven track record of driving products from inception of idea to launch resulting in delivering high business value for customers.
· 5+ years in software product management.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
· Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members using both written and oral communications
· Industry experience with product design.
· Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
· Agile development experience
· 8+ years in software product management.
· 3+ years of product management experience in eCommerce/retail space
· Sales / Promotions domain experience
· Experience in managing customer requirements/expectations.
· Experience in UX design.