Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Performance Ads Core Engine (PACE) team develops core services for Advertiser Registration and Access Management, Ad Catalog Service, Billing, Data Ingestion/Publishing and Analytics that underpin advertising programs such as Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands. This role will see you collaborate with a large number of teams across WW Advertising to drive key initiatives to improve resilience of advertising systems.
About Systems Development Engineers at Amazon:
· This is a unique role Amazon defines as an organically emerging role as the company evolved. The role is modeled after a population of Systems Engineers that are “builders” - developers of unique technology to solve business and customer problems. This role was created for the “builder” population of Systems Engineers within Amazon.
· A Systems Development Engineer is a technology generalist that often focuses on the non-coding aspects of building a product or service, but frequently builds software that automates and manages the infrastructure that supports the product or service. It is not uncommon for a Software Development Engineer to perform functions that are described in the Systems Development Engineer role and vice versa.
· You will demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation across the company.
Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management. If managing initiatives that span multiple teams motivates you, then we would love to hear from you!
· Proficiency developing in a modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C#, Python, or Ruby
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
· Experience in Database technologies such as Postgres, DynamoDB , SQL
· Should be genuinely excited about technology. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
· Be equally comfortable coding and operating the code you write.
· Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
· A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Experience building and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
· A strong understanding of system performance and scaling
· Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
· A strong understanding of operating system internals, including network and storage subsystems
· Experience with relational and non relational database systems
· Experience developing on Linux
· Experience using AWS services
· Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us