Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As MDE Automation you will have responsibility for:
*Solving difficult problems, applying appropriate solutions and best practices and demonstrating deep technical knowledge of all the elements of automation components, including robots, control systems, simulation tools, material movement systems and new technologies.
*Benchmarking various technologies to solve for complex technical issues and/or for best value for money.
*Seeking and implementing new technologies to introduce and/or enhance manufacturing via automating processes and working closely with automation suppliers, contract manufacturers, MDE (DFx) engineers and PD teams to develop designs which can be easily implemented into an automated line.
You re expected to be:
*self-driven to explore advancements in the industry via trade shows, conferences and vendor engagements.
*to create your own projects to bring these advancements from concept to deploying on manufacturing lines, which will result in faster development times, lower total cost of ownership and better-quality products.
* to challenge the status quo and demonstrate continuous improvements and will present your NTI proposals on a regular cadence to AME leadership and when needed to Lab126’s executive management.
* actively engage internal teams and automation vendors to relentlessly pursue technical solutions from those teams to advance manufacturing. You demonstrate excellent judgement when making escalation decisions. You effectively communicate and document advances in manufacturing.
* to assist in development of and refine operational policies and procedures used by your team and internal customers and to handle internal and/or external escalations and to drive to resolution.
*to work on automation projects that are large in scope and lead other engineers on smaller projects and to contribute to operational efficiency by being hands-on with the equipment, writing simple and efficient tools and/or scripts using established best practices and procedures.
Additionally to improve your technical knowledge by holding training sessions, documenting and publishing relevant and impactful articles for manufacturing partners and other engineers. You implement automation on projects assigned to you.
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 3 plus + years of experience in product design as well as manufacturing / operations of high volume products.
· Ability to work independently and ensure timely and accurate communication between the Lab126 and our OEM partners
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated design influencing skills
· Demonstrated understanding of DFMA best practices
· Experience performing tolerance analyses
· Experience with assembly jig and fixture design
· Knowledge on ProE/UG solid modeling
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us