Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. The Selling Partner Abuse team's mission is to protect the trust of our stores for customers and selling partners. We see ourselves as the steward of customer trust and Amazon brand.
We are seeking a Machine Learning Science Manager who will lead a team of Applied Scientists, Research Scientists and Data scientists to research and develop innovative machine learning and science solutions to prevent the bad activities in the Amazon stores.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Build and develop the core science team for Selling Partner Abuse
· Create new projects to drive significant business impact and research advancement
· Create project milestone and manage multiple projects end-to-end while quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Coach the team and continuously raise the bar on highest standard
· Build a strong partnership across different business, engineering and science stakeholders
· Manage different Machine Learning projects that cover different science areas such as Ensemble Tree learning models, Clustering, Anomaly Detection, Graph models, NLP models, Semi-supervised Learning models and Reinforcement Learning
·MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field + 8 years experience or BS + 13 years experience
· Demonstrated experience and success in leading large-scale projects
· Experience managing a large science team
· Experience developing and implementing models using programming and scripting (Scala, Python, R, Ruby, and/or Matlab)
· Experience using various forecasting, optimization and statistical tools for queue modelling, shift planning, service level optimization and communicating results, plans and/or risks clearly
· PhD or Master in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field with +6 years experience.
· Programming / scripting experience (Java/Scala, Python, R, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP).
· Experience collaborating with sales, operations and engineering teams is a plus.
· Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services is a plus.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders.
· Past experience in Ensemble Tree learning models, Clustering, Anomaly Detection, Graph models, NLP models, Semi-supervised Learning models or Reinforcement Learning techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation