Are you interested in delighting customers and are passionate about promoting sustainability? Then Amazon’s Packaging Team is the place for you. We are the Customer Packaging EXperience (CPEX) team and we optimize Amazon’s packaging solutions. To do this across billions of shipments, we are looking for someone with statistics and machine learning skills to design, test, implement and maintain packaging decision mechanisms across Amazon.
You'll be responsible for the design, implementation, operation, and support of large-scale, performance-critical data science and machine learning systems which help to choose the optimal packaging types for our products. These technologies utilize every quadrant of data science including statistics, NLP, and CV to make the right decision on millions of products. You will work with scientists, software developers, business intelligence engineers, and product managers on our team as well as partner with packaging automation, concessions, and sustainability teams.
· Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other highly quantitative field.
· 2+ years experience post degree experience applying data science, statistics, or machine learning.
· Moderate experience with Python and SQL.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling and product ownership.
· Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other highly quantitative field.
· 5+ years of experience as a scientist or engineer in a company utilizing large and complex data solutions
· Practical experience outside the classroom in machine learning model implementation.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Sagemaker, Redshift, EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development life cycle.
· Experience with ETL development and data warehousing.