The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity.
The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. The Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed (50 to 75%).
We are looking for people that have:
· Experience working with the Federal Government, innovating to solve problems and enabling mission readiness and success
· A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
· Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
· Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
· Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
· Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
· Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.