At Amazon, we believe that customer trust is of paramount importance to anything we do. As leader of the Listing Risk product team, you will be responsible for identifying and closing any loop holes that bad actors exploit in the pipeline & process to list products, with the intent to cause harm to our customers, brands and sellers. Working across multiple organizations and systems, you will create a broader strategy, drive strategic longer-term architecture decisions and manage implementation challenges while making high judgement tradeoff decisions. Partnering with our worldwide engineering and data science teams, you will ideate, launch, and expand algorithms, tools and programs to predict, detect, and prevent abusive product listings at scale. You will closely collaborate with multiple business and technology teams including Catalog systems, Selling Partner Registration, Product Quality & Safety, Retail Categories, Community Trust, Brand Registry, Fraud and Legal. You will lead a team of over 10 product managers, product manager-tech, Business Analysts and program managers.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history! At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels.
Major responsibilities include:
· Understand and conceptualize data flow and system interdependencies from seller facing systems/tools to customer facing UX.
· Establish a data driven framework on various risks in these systems and establish a mental model on how to prioritize and building long term strategies and short term solutions to resolve these.
· Present critical data in a format that is immediately useful to answering specific questions or improving system performance.
· Work with research partners to apply statistical or machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
· Given anecdotes about anomalies work with engineering, science, and business partners to design strategies to quantify their overall impact, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
· Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or a related field
· 5+ years of Product Management experience in building/enhancing software systems, such as high throughput or high availability systems, large-scale data, service-based architecture, risk detection/avoidance at scale or machine learning.
· 5+ years of quantitative and qualitative experience in Business Intelligence or Data Science
· 3+ years of people management experience managing product managers, program managers or similar job families
· Experience driving large scale changes across diverse systems with large impact on business, cost reduction, improved productivity or risk reduction.
· Working with multiple product managers, research scientists and technical teams from concept generation through implementation
· Education in the domain of and/or experience delivering products that rely on machine learning and large data
· Education in the domain of risk/abuse detection and avoidance
· 5+ years of people management experience managing product managers, program managers or similar job families