The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. AWS is at the forefront of cloud computing, which is one of the most impactful technology developments in the last 15 years.
The AWS marketing team is seeking an experienced leader who can oversee our email marketing channel and lead our talented team of marketing, product, and program experts. This high visibility role will define and execute both the customer experience and the technology roadmap to deliver that experience. The email team consists of experts across a broad set of disciplines (marketing strategy, product development, program management, analytics, and machine learning) that delivers scaled solutions globally across AWS marketing.
This role requires a proven leader with experience in defining a strategy, customer experience, governance, technology roadmap, marketing measurement, and marketing execution. A successful candidate has superb leadership, analytical, business acumen, and communication skills to be able to work with a wide range of team members from individual contributors to senior executives. This role requires keeping abreast of the latest technology and using it to innovate on the customer experience and scalability of the channel.
· Define the strategy and execution for the global AWS Email Marketing Channel to drive value for our customers and potential customers
· Build and manage a cross functional team that includes product, marketing, analytics, and operations
· Own the AWS email marketing tools and systems, including working with software engineering to prioritize the product roadmap
· Set performance and operational goals and KPIs to deliver a good customer experience
· Oversee the global program management of the channel, including: governance, training, administration, and regulatory and legal compliance
· Liaise with stakeholders across marketing and AWS to define the email channel strategy, roadmap, and improve execution
· 10+ years of relevant work experience in either leading digital marketing channels and/or product management of high performance systems
· Proven business acumen to prioritize product development and evaluate channel performance
· Experience leading teams, including managing people managers
· Experience leading or closely working with software engineering teams
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
· Proficiency in cloud computing platforms
· Experience in machine learning and systems automation