Join us in building on AWS, for AWS!
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented leader to own software systems and products, visualizations, data pipelines, and reporting tools. Our solutions enable users to obsess over customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations that position AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We are looking for an individual that thrives by creating high-bar engineering cultures, giving customers business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable, and using the intersection of software and data to give their customers “superpowers.”
In this role, you will:
· Engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology, pioneering new methods and approaches to visualize customer and behavioral data
· Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently, and efficiently
· Manage a team of engineers and work closely with technical product/program managers to define, build, drive and measure mechanisms to enable analytics, reporting, and the underlying infrastructure and systems
· Work directly with product teams and business leaders identify opportunities to improve WWRO’s data, analytics, visualization, reporting, and insights offerings
· Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong engineering, data storage/modeling, visualization, and front-end background, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and "so what" rather than just superficial trends.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
· Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, Kinesis, etc.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Knowledge of reporting tools such as Microstrategy, OBIEE or Tableau
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation