Denied Party Screening mission is to prevent denied parties from transacting with Amazon businesses. We build automatic mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with the denied parties using a diverse set of algorithms and machine learning techniques. We screen over a half a billion events every day, integrate with Tier 1 systems and deal with unique scaling and TPS challenges. We are still day 1 and have an exciting road map to build ML powered detection and resolution framework to help scale Amazon for years to come.
We're looking for a proven Principal Technical Program Manager to lead our technical road map and innovation. Our ideal candidate will have a deep technical background, demonstrating mastery of software fundamentals, and be willing to effectively challenge technical system designs and engineering decisions. Our ideal candidate will have analytic skills to dive into our controls and develop insights, the vision and creativity to find innovative ways to act on these insights, the technical chops to translate those ideas into innovative design, and strong project management skills to harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to drive the vision and execution of our products and services.
Roles and responsibilities:
In this role, you will own the technical program management responsibilities for multiple parallel products that has a company-wide impact. You will closely work with engineering, business, and executive teams to deliver features and products. You will leverage your deep technical expertise, strong problem-solving skills and excellent leadership skills to come up with new ways to solve challenges at scale. As a Principal TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. You will create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the delivery of multiple technical projects across DPS. You will own regular communication to senior management and stakeholders on status, risks and change control. You will own defining, measuring and tracking metrics for project success. You will be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and business challenges.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
· Knowledge of software engineering standards & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
· Experience working with AWS technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation