Are you interested in making history, building and leading a team to help expand the new quantum computing service of AWS, Amazon Braket?
We are looking for a passionate and big thinking Software Development Manager. You will build the team to take responsibility for transforming the user experience of customers as they program and use quantum computers. By helping customers explore new approaches to defining and solving business problems, you will have the opportunity to innovate and help shape the future of an entire industry.
You will be tasked with hiring and mentoring a strong team of engineers to build the tools that customers need as they run experiments and develop quantum algorithms using real quantum hardware. Your team will collaborate with applied scientists to help customers explore the application of quantum computing in a wide range of fields such as machine learning, optimization, and molecular science.
The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex software problems, possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills and is excited to work in a scientific environment. This is a new technology area and you will be expected to thrive in a fast paced and uncertain market.
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to build a team, set the engineering culture, influence a new business, and shape both technology and product. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong judgment, the ability to define breakthrough innovations, and the desire to have industry wide impact.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
· 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years people management experience
· 10+ years’ experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· 5+ years’ experience designing new systems for scale and flexibility from the ground up
· Master's degree in CS, Physics, Mathematics, or an engineering discipline
· Experience using software frameworks for quantum computing
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience using and developing tools such as Jupyter notebooks/labs
- Experience managing the life cycle of open source software
- Experience managing developer tools and SDKs
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, Python, C++, or C#)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation