Are you excited by the opportunity to lead a big, meaty initiative that cuts across numerous groups within Amazon? Are you ready to shape the future of how customers of all sorts discover, purchase and receive products from Amazon globally? Are you intrigued by the idea of helping goods flow around the planet more efficiently? Do you like the idea of having a large financial impact on Amazon’s Consumer business? If the answer to any or all of these questions is yes, then this might be the role for you.
Amazon is seeking a Principal Technical Manager to lead its Item Ordering and Receive Transformation . This leader will drive improving Amazon’s ability to order, receive, store, sell and fulfill products in any quantity customers require. Whether it be a single can of soda for a Prime Now customer, a six pack on Amazon.com, a case for a Prime Pantry customer, or a pallet sold through Amazon Business, a more diverse set of customers is buying products in more configurations than ever before, and manufacturers are ready to meet those quantity preferences. This Principal TPM will work with teams from Catalog Systems, Retail, Fulfillment Technology, Optimal Sourcing Systems, Operations Execution, Inventory Planning, Forecasting and many more to help Amazon to better buy, sell and fulfill in all possible product configurations.
This role sits within Amazon’s Optimization Technology group (SCOT) and will serve as the owner for all of Worldwide Operations and act as lead Manager for the entire item ordering and receive initiative. Overall efforts are just getting underway, so you will have an opportunity to shape the overall direction of the initiative, working with senior engineering leaders and business process owners to shape and deliver the to support diversified item ordering and receive and its integration into operating systems for years to come.
This is a strategic role. The ideal candidate will be technically strong and passionate leader with superior judgment, strong problem-solving and communication skills. You will have the ability to influence people and work flexibly across multiple organizations. You are well-organized, can manage many projects and sub-projects simultaneously. You are intellectually curious and are able to tell the difference between the perfect and the possible—and know when to seek which. You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, fluid business environment with shifting priorities all the while removing ambiguity and driving clarity of thought. Finally, you have a strong ability to bring people together from multiple teams in order to work toward a common goal.
· Lead planning, execution and delivery of all aspects of Item Ordering and Receive Transformation across Amazon systems.
· Own communication for technical delivery across Amazon with senior leadership and across multiple organizations.
· Understand wide ranging business use cases, establish and break down complex business requirements into manageable project plans, write functional specifications, create system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, , and timely manner.
· Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move projects forward quickly.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
· 10+ years of professional experience managing full life cycle technical projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale
· Experience managing software development efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
· Previous work experience as a software developer utilizing methodologies
· Demonstrated ability to deliver or be highly innovative in a related area: , catalog systems, procurement systems, EDI, etc.
· Experience driving change across companies or industries
· Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· An independent problem solver that can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead and guide others to deliver on software projects.
· Strong analytic skills and the ability to solve ambiguous problems
· Excellent written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of business
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender / Sexual Orientation.