The Grocery Shopping Team, a team within Alexa Voice Shopping, enables customers to build baskets of grocery and consumable items using voice across device and formats. The convenience of shopping for groceries by voice, midstream of other activities, will bring a new level of convenience that will change how people shop for groceries and consumables.
Our vision is to enable a voice grocery experience that wows customers with its simplicity and convenience and creates long term highly engaged device owners and Amazon grocery shoppers. Customers will ask Alexa to buy grocery items and be delighted when she knows their favorite items, schedules deliveries, reminds them of items they may have forgotten, and helps them manage their household grocery needs.
We are seeking talented and experienced leaders to design and develop conversational shopping experiences and algorithms in Seattle. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
What you will work on: You will build and operate massively scalable services while also developing delightful shopping experiences for Echo, Fire TV and other Amazon products. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
* 3+ years professional experience in software development
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or Java
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Experience in mobile development and mobile security.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs