Have you ever dreamed of making huge creature sounds, powerful magic spells, and clashing battles with hundreds of players? What about bringing a dynamic open world to life with music and detailed ambiences?
Amazon Games Orange County is looking for a Sound Designer to build on the realistic and supernatural soundscape of New World and help forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
In this role, you will work with the Audio Lead to create top quality sound design and implementation. You'll work highly autonomously, collaborating with designers, animators, visual effect artists, and programmers to create compelling audio experiences; leveraging your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities: Design and implement high quality in-game sound effects. Test all aspects of the game audio, ensuring in-game playback is flawless. Collaborate with the production team to set clear, realistic timelines. Provide well thought-out feedback that pushes the sound of New World forward.
· 1+ shipped title.
· 1+ years’ experience in a sound designer role.
· 1+ years experience recording both in the field and in the studio.
· 1+ years experience implementing audio with middleware.
· A passion for games and the role that audio plays in storytelling and player experience.
· Experience with any commercial video game engine (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity etc.)
· Experience with Wwise.
· Scripting experience in LUA, C# or any visual scripting system.
· Massive Multiplayer Online experience a plus.
· Music editing and composition experience a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.