Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are building a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. This is a strategic initiative for the company, and we are growing quickly. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As a Technical Program Manager on this team, you will program manage the development of a highly scaled ad server we are building to deliver ads to millions of Amazon devices such as Fire Tablet and Kindle eReaders. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and be eager to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.You will regularly communicate with senior management and other stakeholders on status, risks and regularly acquire executive sponsorship for cross team initiatives. You will manage and enable the developers contributing to your program to succeed at executing on project delivery. You will work on some of Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs.This is a highly visible program across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
Join us, and be a part of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms and are equally adept in communicating upwards and downward
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
· 2+ yrs professional industry experience coding in Java, Scala, C++ or C# as well as SQL experience
· Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.