Amazon's Advertising Technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. In this organization you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading companies.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We utilize Amazon's Advertising technology to provide services to web, mobile app, OTT (streaming video) and audio publishers of all sizes, including many of comScore's global top 100, to help them monetize their content with advertising from Amazon and other programmatic buyers. APS server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Audio Ads team in Amazon Publisher Services. In this role, you'll work with stakeholders to ensure that new features launch as fast and smoothly as possible, and that these features raise the bar in technical execution and customer experience. You'll dive deep into technical and business challenges to help engineering managers, senior engineers, and product leaders ship products. You'll invent and simplify as you find new solutions to complex problems. This is a high-impact role that requires technical depth, strong execution and big-picture thinking. To be successful, you'll need to demonstrate high judgement and communicate trade-offs to cross organization stakeholders.
Part of your role is to obsesses about the customer and convert that obsession into metrics and monitoring that help your team understand the relative priority of their investments. You'll work across senior Advertising leaders to help Amazon Publisher Services make the right long term decisions, influencing with a unique technical point of view.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· At least 5 years of work experience in online advertising
· Deep understanding of the software development process, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly, then iterating on the experience
· Track record of influencing senior stakeholders and communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions
· Ability to operate with limited direction and thrive in a dynamic, small team environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.