Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to support Amazon's Choice within the Alexa Shopping Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual's desire to drive business decision making with their finance acumen while supporting a fast growing business at Amazon.
In the Alexa Shopping team we are building experiences to allow customers to instantly order whatever they need, by simply interacting with their smart devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, and Echo Show. Our services allow you to shop, anywhere, easily without interrupting what you’re doing – to go from “I want” to “It’s on the way” in a matter of seconds. Amazon’s Choice is an integral part of the voice shopping experience as it recommends one great product from our vast selection when a customer asks for it. This simplifies the shopping experience and delights customers by giving them one result instead of telling them about many over voice. However we don’t stop there. Amazon’s Choice also helps simplify the experience on Amazon.com by making recommendations visible to millions of customers through the entire shopping funnel.
A successful candidate will have the freedom to think big, innovate and create new business models on behalf of our customers and work across all our businesses. The Alexa Shopping Finance team is involved in running the business, developing complex financial models, performing customer analysis and influencing the future of how Voice will work at Amazon.
This role will be a good fit if you:
· are highly analytical, detailed oriented and have solid conceptual thinking and problem solving skills.
· thrive in fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations and are able to multi task with several priorities.
· are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Leading a team of analysts to manage and develop financial rigor that helps simplify monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes.
· Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
· Developing long and short term financial plans
· Driving cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support
· Leading ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigation
· Managing the reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics
· Controllership of the businesses
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
· 8+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· MBA preferred
· Experience with SQL
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Ability to analyze impact of customer behavior/segments on investment decisions
· Customer focus and professional demeanor
· Strong track record of business partnership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.