Do you get a thrill out of closing a good deal? Do you have specific experience building massively-scaled networks? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon.com as a key technology platform provider? If this describes you, how would you like to own driving the deals and help decide our strategy as we grow?
This Technical Business Development role is open for a Sr. Contract Negotiator. This candidate will assume responsibilities for handling Amazon’s commercial relationships with the largest paid IP service providers in the U.S market. This person will be focused on next level strategies to change the current commercial structures to ensure we meet our rate compression and scaling goals to meet customer demand.
As a Technical Business Developer for Internet Services, you will play an important role in planning and sourcing IP interconnect and peering capacity in close coordination with other team members. You will respond to peering requests, sourcing and negotiating peering and transit connections to ISPs, assist in establishing peering with partner networks at new Internet exchanges globally, and work closely with network operations teams to ensure that peering and transit connections are upgraded in a timely and effective manner. The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and will be passionate about building great teams that deliver high quality services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
· Serve as a subject matter expert with regards to “eyeball” IP networks within your region
· Organize, track, and coordinate with vendors and internal teams to deliver new IP interconnect capacity for Amazon
· Develop interconnect capacity plans to enable effective, efficient and scalable delivery of Amazon content to users
· Assist in establishing peering with partner networks at new interconnect facilities globally, and work closely with network operations teams to ensure that peering and transit connections are upgraded in a timely and effective manner
· Continually negotiate improved interconnection business relationships with external network providers
· Collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including business development, legal, and deployment, to successfully implement strategic plans
· Willingness and ability to travel frequently to site visits and team meetings
· A Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience is required
· Extensive knowledge of IP peering ecosystems, global fiber optic networks and the interconnection of these networks in order to obtain the highest availability for delivering online services globally
· Understanding of large-scale network engineering concepts such as BGP routing policy, MPLS network design
· Master's degree or MBA.
· Experience working in an IP network planning or implementation role at an ISP, telecoms operator, or CDN
· Quick and clear network strategy recognition in order to provide optimal results for the company
· Telecommunications experience (Technical or operations) or (Sales, Marketing or Product Management), and (procurement, sourcing or Contract Negotiations)
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.