The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
If you have expertise leading Computer Vision research teams and have a Ph.D. and 5+ years of industry or postdoctorate experience, or an MS and 7+ years of industry experience and have:
· the ability to recognize and champion new ideas and novel solutions;
· the insight to correctly identify paths worth exploring;
· the the passion to create a team culture that is ready to tackle the seemly impossible;
· the drive to push a team to the achieve the highest standards;
· the discipline to fast-fail when data refutes theory;
· and the fortitude to continue exploring until your solution is found
come join us invent the future and change the world.
· MS or PhD required in computer vision, machine learning, or related discipline, 5-7+ years of professional experience
· 3-5 years of experience leading research teams working with state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies
· Strong record of patents and innovation or publications in top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Proven track record of leading innovation efforts in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Strong business writing, verbal communication, and cross discipline collaboration skills
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
· Experience with designing and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
· Project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.