The Operations Technology Engineering group builds the , , and Wireless networks that Amazon fulfillment centers and transportation sites worldwide. These networks are used by hundreds of thousands of associates, relied upon by operators of industry-leading fulfillment and transportation systems, and play a critical role in the delivery of shipments to Amazon retail customers.
We are looking for a Network Development Engineers to provide technical thought leadership in the of our next-generation wireless networks. As we look to the future, our networks will support an ecosystem of robotics, industrial IoT, sensors, drones, and mobile devices. As an engineer, you need to be comfortable with taking risks, and iterating on designs that may fail at the outset to ultimately deliver robust systems that elegantly scale. Information security and network reliability are at the core of your thought processes, and you are respected as an influencer.
In this role you will also operate the largest fulfillment network in the world, and provide guidance to and mentoring to network support teams to develop their skills and reinforce best practices. Network reliability is critical to Amazon Operations, and your responsibilities will include driving root cause resolution of network events most impact-full to the business.
The OpsTech Network Engineering team has broad scope supporting multiple business units globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets, to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers (such as an Airhub) in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys variety in both tactical and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer, have a lasting impact on Amazon’s fulfillment networks for years to come.
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 5+ years of experience in designing, deploying/configuring and operating large scale wireless networks
· Expert knowledge of at least one vendor’s Wireless hardware - Access Points, Wireless Controllers and Wireless client Bridge
· In-depth knowledge of IEEE .11 standards including .11n and .11ac
· In-depth knowledge of wireless security - .1x, RADIUS, WPA2, EAP-TLS, PSK, general PKI concepts
· In-depth understanding of / internals
· In-depth knowledge of RF /Survey, RF Planning and Optimization
· .11ax (wifi-6) knowledge
· PPSK / Mesh / Outdoor wireless experience
· AWS networking and routing fundamentals
· CCIE Wireless
· Experience in designing and operating high-density AP and client deployments
· Experience in automating network administration using Perl, , or other languages
· A genuine passion for building networks that are simple and work well
· Understanding wired networking concepts (Routing and LAN switching)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Leadership skills and ability to influence and collaborate with other teams
· Experience working with vendors and prioritization of roadmaps/long term deliverables
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation