The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way possible.
The Capacity Planning Team provides AMZL with cost-optimal and flexible capacity solutions for in-station operations, year-round and enabling the business to scale for seasonal peak demand increases. This role can be based out of London, Madrid, Barcelona, Luxembourg, Paris or Munich. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business, has a strong delivery record and experienced in driving execution in a cross-functional environment, backed by analysis and data. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data and enjoys the challenge of highly complex, and sometimes ambiguous, business context.
As a Snr Program Manager in the Capacity Planning Team, you will be owning the weekly cadence for the generation of labour plans to make sure the organization is well prepared for the future. You will work cross-functionally to ensure that decisions are made and actioned which will allow our operations to run as effectively as possible. You will challenge the unknown and drive improvement into key areas of our business.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and enthusiastic about partnering with the business to deliver results. You should have an internal drive to challenge the status quo, excellent analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills. You would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
· Master’s level degree, numerate subjects, and / or MBA from a top School.
· Results-oriented , makes things happen, ability to move fast, innovate and simplify
· Entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently to take ownership.
· 7+ years of professional experiences in Supply Chain / Transportation or related environment for an International company.
· Strong data manipulation background and works with numbers on a daily basis and Experience with analyzing big data sets
· Strong leadership skills and experience managing people
· Proven track record of improving the end to value chain and experience designing advanced Supply Chain processes and implementing world class Supply Chain/Logistics tools
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record for delivering results on large, cross functional, international milestone projects
· Experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment or distribution center
· Familiarity with supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP
· Experience of SQL and data-driven decision making skills
· Preferred masters in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning.
· Working knowledge of SQL / ETL and visualization tools like tableau.
· An ability and interest to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
· Recent experience in project management, handling multiple priorities, and working with varied stakeholders.
· Customer focus and professional demeanour.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
* Fluent in Spanish and/or French
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.