Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our team's mission is the enable Alexa to understand sounds and vocalization beyond speech. As an Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Familiarity with traditional pattern recognition and deep learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with a specialization in speech recognition, natural language, federated learning or related field
· Solid publication records
· Disciplined scientific thinking
· Strong technical curiosity and ability to invent
· Good understanding of software engineering best practices
· Relevant experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams