At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced leader to join as a Senior Finance Manager to be the key finance partner to Amazon’s WW Product Velocity team.
Product Velocity builds programs that improve our customers’ shopping experiences and help brand owners accelerate their business through improved discovery, engagement, conversion, and loyalty. Product Velocity programs span promotions, discounts, merchandising, advertising, brand and product content, reordering, product subscriptions and replenishment. Promotions is responsible for formulating strategy and building technology behind some of the largest online shopping events such as Prime Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance and analytical decision support in this rapidly evolving space. This individual must be a strong and inspirational leader to raise the bar on business judgment, hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to continue to build our world class finance team.
· Serve as key participant in strategic initiatives for Amazon’s Product Velocity domain along with leading business modeling and financial analysis for the business.
· Collaborate with global organizations across Consumer to formulate business strategies, including promotion and replenishment subscription strategies, for Amazon marketplaces.
· Supervise all financial and controllership aspects of the business.
· Map execution plans including ownership, resourcing requirements, key milestones and timelines.
· Develop new performance metrics to strategically manage the business.
· Facilitate financial review meetings with senior leaders and work with business managers to drive effective execution.
· Implement the governance structure and early warning systems needed to manage execution risk.
· Build and maintain in depth knowledge across key business areas by staying current on initiatives, challenges/opportunities across the business.
· Lead and develop a team of finance professionals.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
· 12+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· MBA or Masters in Economics
· Experience in managing teams
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and demonstrated financial analysis and modeling skills
· Ability to think adaptively and operate quickly in a dynamic financial and business environment
· Superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
· Direct experience in using latest technology and tools to deliver complex data analytics & reporting
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge or influence senior company leaders
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload; effective multi-tasking skills vital
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.