Where will Amazon's growth come from in the next year? What about over the next five? Which product lines are poised to quintuple in size? Are we investing enough in our infrastructure, or too much? How do our customers react to changes in prices, product selection, or delivery times? These are among the most important questions at Amazon today. The Topline Forecasting team in the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) group is looking for innovative, passionate and results-oriented Economists to answer these questions. You will have an opportunity to own the long-run outlook for Amazon’s global consumer business and shape strategic decisions at the highest level. The successful candidate will be able to formalize problem definitions from ambiguous requirements, build econometrics models using Amazon’s world-class data systems, and develop cutting-edge solutions for non-standard problems.
· Develop new econometric models or improve existing approaches using scalable techniques.
· Extract data for analysis and model development from large, complex datasets.
· Closely work with engineering teams to build scalable, efficient systems that implement prototypes in production.
· Apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment.
· Distill problem definitions from informal business requirements and communicate technical solutions to senior business leaders.
· Drive innovation and best practices in applied research across the Amazon research science community.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation