Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-motivated Editor to craft certain company external communications, uphold and elevate writing standards, and provide copy editing support for important Amazon written materials.
*This position could sit in Seattle, NYC, or Arlington,VA/DC (HQ2).*
As GCA’s Editor, you will create a best-in-class approach to GCA’s written communications, ensuring that all written products meet a high bar. You will advise on documents going to senior executives, be called on for last-minute re-writes and long-lead projects, and serve as the broader organization’s writing bar raiser. You will work closely with communications, policy, and business teams, guiding them on their written communications, advising on how to improve their work, and serving as a stakeholder in the ideas they put forward.
The successful candidate will:
· Possess superior writing and editing skills.
· Quickly dive into Amazon’s writing culture, learning the style and infusing it into all work.
· Build relationships across the Global Corporate Affairs organization, learning the varying needs of teams.
· Deliver communications counsel to internal stakeholders on both short- and long-term projects.
· Show high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
· Work fast and hard.
· Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
· 8+ years of experience in communications work, with heavy emphasis on writing.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Experience working with senior executives.
· Experience working across countries and cultures.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
· Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the roles scope.
· An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.