Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, agencies, advertising software companies, and publishers. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are seeking an accomplished Product Marketing professional to lead development of messaging, positioning, and marketing activities for Amazon Advertising’s measurement product suite. You will have the opportunity to shape and develop the positioning for this growing suite of solutions and drive the future vision of how we bring new measurement capabilities to the advertising industry. You will work closely with our core customer segments to develop messaging and marketing plans that drive a shift in perception and sustained awareness and adoption our measurement portfolio. You will have the opportunity to think big, and the role requires that you are not only comfortable with ambiguity, but you relish in it.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnership across Brand/Events/Regional Marketing, PR, Product Management, Sales, Research, Training teams, and requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, which constantly adjust based on market conditions and feedback from customers. As an owner, you will not only define the product marketing message for new advertising solutions, you will also need to be strong in execution of the development of marketing materials, including development of sales collateral, case studies, blog posts, product videos, web page content, event content, and commission first and third-party research to support your key messages.
Specific functions are as follows:
· Develop year-long marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption for a portfolio of advertising solutions tied to key advertiser objectives, including defining the value proposition and messaging frameworks, and drive articulation of product portfolio positioning
· Create compelling sales and marketing collateral to drive adoption and understanding of new measurement products
· Drive measurement product adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new growth initiatives
· Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings
· Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
· Identify internal 1st and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning and marketing plans
· Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the Amazon Advertising product portfolio
· Serve as an internal advocate for customer needs; ensure broad awareness of, and empathy for, customer pain points
Note, this role can be based out of NYC or Seattle.
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Subject matter expertise of advertising measurement and analytics solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
· Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
· Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning and messaging
· Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
· Comfort with diving deep with highly technical products to understand value drivers for customers
· Project management experience and fanatical attention to detail
· SQL skills
· Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
· Experience in eCommerce, advertising or technology sector
· Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically diverse Display Sales organization
· An ability to manage and negotiate with vendors to drive maximum efficiency
· Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
· Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
· Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Research
· Analytical thinking abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
· Communication skills and clear customer focus
· Quick decision making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.