The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
We have learned that customer’s love IMDb TV so we are looking for an Principal Applied Scientist who can build on our early success, pioneer new programs for customers, and help define our future.
As a Principal Applied Scientist, you will identify research directions, create roadmaps for forward-looking research and communicate them to senior leadership, and work closely with engineering teams to bring research to production. You will work with talented peers and leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of Amazon.com customers.
This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
· PhD degree in qualitative field) with 8+ years of applied research experience or a Master’s degree
· 10+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 6+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related languages.
· Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical lead
· Excellent writing skills for presenting business cases and to document the models and analysis and present the results/conclusions in order to influence important decisions
· PhD or MSc in computer science or related fields.
· 12+ years of experience in AI, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing in industry and/or academia.
· Strong publication history in top publications.
· Hands-on applying statistical techniques such as hypothesis testing, experimental design or causal analysis.
· Experience working with live video and tight timing constraints for real time or near real time processing.
· Experience working with large datasets and Deep Learning algorithms.
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· Solid software development experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.