At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Are you excited to help us learn more about our customers and how satisfied they are when using our services? We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join the global finance organization to focus on building advanced data pipelines and innovative data solutions.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. We deliver high-quality video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast-paced market and expanding technology set. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
Our team is the central global planning group for Prime Video. We own the narratives, measurement and planning processes for Prime Video and interact with a team of global business leaders to drive our business, and the customer experience, forward. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Insights, planning and Analytics team.
This role requires an individual with excellent data modeling, database architecture, and software development skills. A successful candidate will have the ability to work with technology, finance, product and business teams. They will have passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and driven by a desire to innovate on behalf of our customers.
· Architect and develop end to end scalable data applications and data pipelines
· Help build a data lake of disparate data sources
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for reporting, dashboards, data analyses and model development
· Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in data engineering, business intelligence, software development, finance, modeling and product teams
· Develop complex queries and scripts for business logic implementation using SQL, python, etc.
· Participate in data strategy and road map exercises, data warehouse design and implementation
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, information science or a related field
· At least 5 years of experience working with data pipelines, ETL processes and SQL in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets; a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets
· 3+ years of experience as a software developer or related technical field with fluency in at least one of the programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Java or Scala
· Experience with Big Data technologies (RedShift, EMR, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) and AWS cloud infrastructure
· Experience working with disparate data sources to develop complex database architecture and data models
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes and testing
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and technical writing skills
· Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Masters in computer science, engineering or other quantitative fields
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, privacy, security and reliability
· Experience with AWS services such as Glue, SNS, SQS, Lambda is a plus
· Knowledge of data security and data privacy regulation processes, operations, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and vulnerabilities
· Background in Big Data, non-relational databases, Machine Learning and Data Mining is a plus
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience working with teams across different geographies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.