Do you want a unique, exciting opportunity to help build something from the ground up? We are looking for builders who are passionate about data science to join the Marketing Science team within Amazon Advertising.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business that is responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As part of our team evolution we are investing in improving our understanding of the advertisers on Amazon through advanced ML modeling and building an ML service that delivers personalized guidance to each of the thousands of advertiser on Amazon. We are moving fast and have the ability to shape our tech infrastructure that will combine science and scalable engineering at a rapid pace. We are looking for an Applied Scientist to join the team to drive key science methods and delivery of the project, working closely with product and engineering leads, as well as our leadership.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field, and 5+ years of relevant work experience, including:
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
· Experience developing infrastructure for applied ML applications solving complex problems
· Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Lasso/Elastic Net regressions, Support Vector Machines, Gradient Boosting Models, Recursive Neural Network.
· Knowledge of recommender and personalization systems is a plus
· Expert in at least one scripting language such as Python, Scala, or Java.
· Experience with data analytics solutions such as TensorFlow, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
· Knowledge of using AWS services such as EMR, EC2, S3, Sagemaker, CodeCommit, DataPipeline, etc.
· Proven track record of production achievements, handling gigabyte and terabyte size datasets.
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
· Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.