The Workforce Staffing team is responsible for our hourly workforce: Who do we hire? How should we hire them? How do we make sure the right candidate gets the right role at the right time, and how do we do this efficiently? In 2019, WFS hired hundred of thousands of hourly associates across NA and EU and will receive over millions of job applications for employment. This role is part of the Workforce Intelligence Team, tasked acquiring, modeling and visualizing all the data required to report out on performance metrics such as fill rates and funnel statistics, and forecasting hiring volumes to predict hiring risks and to support internal capacity planning.
This role will be responsible for challenging the status quo by analyzing and identifying factors that predict and forecast success and failure in Amazon's current and future labor markets. You will own the analysis across multiple data sources to predict hiring risk before it occurs. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and technical expertise to build analytic solutions to drive business improvements at scale.
- Identify key market and company factors that introduce risk to meeting labor orders across our full time and part time hourly associate populations
- Evaluate effectiveness and forecast ROI on key decisions to increase Amazon's employment value proposition
- Build models that improve hiring funnel efficiency at scale
- Influence key business decisions in potentially adjusting labor plans, shift structures, compensation and/or benefits, and other factors to increase Amazon's appeal across a diverse workforce
- Build predictive models to anticipate labor order volumes and fluctuations before they occur
· Masters or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Applied Science or relevant field of study
· Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required
· Experience in labor market forecasting and workforce analytics
· Deep knowledge of international supply chain strategies and inventory control
· Experience with people analytics at a regional or global scale
· Experience and passion in sustainability practices and supporting technology
· Proven track record of translating findings into actions
· Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with multiple teams
· Develops strong relationships across teams and customers
· Strong analytical experience driving quantifiable returns on investment
· Previous ownership and understanding of data warehousing, data modeling, and data security
· Ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions
· Can translate raw data into a language stakeholders can relate to
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguous environments by driving the strategy rather than waiting for a strategy to drive you
· Excellent writing skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.