Do you know Amazon Logistics has grown by 6 times since 2016 in established markets like North America? Do you know that it is handling more than 80% of Amazon shipments in developing countries like India? Curious to develop sustainable solutions that cater to such rapidly scaling business and countries with widely different customer or driver expectations? Interested in modelling and understanding customer behavior through machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data mining over TB scale data with huge business impact on millions of customers?
The problems spread across Routing, Maps, Geo-coding, Address Normalization, fraud detection, defect attribution, labor planning spaces, etc. Some examples include determining optimal route for a driver to deliver a set of packages with many customer and on-ground constraints. Creating a mapping infrastructure ground-up right from scratch. Detecting and pre-empting anomalous behavior by delivery agents on the road in real time or predicting what will be the average no. of deliveries made per hour by each driver in upcoming week. If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies join our team today!
You will collaborate with Data Scientist, engineers, executives, and designers, You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. Also, will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers. The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field with exposure to statistical modeling and machine learning with 4+ years of work experience applying the same or Masters in Computer Sciences, Machine Learning or, any related field with 8+ years of work experience applying the same
· Proficiency in C/C++, Java, or Python
· Proficiency with at least one machine learning or statistical modeling library (R, Matlab, Scikit-learn)
· Past delivery of large-scale ML solutions for complex business problems
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Publications in top ML conferences or journals
· Experience with a popular deep learning toolkit (TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch, Caffe etc)
· Specialization in Computer Vision or Regression or Classical ML