Are you passionate about conducting measurement research and experiments to assess and evaluate talent? Would you like to see your research in products that will drive key talent management behaviors globally to ensure we are raising the bar on our talent? If so, you should consider joining the Global Talent Management (GTM) Science Team!
Amazon GTM Science team is an innovative organization that exists to propel Amazon HR toward being the most scientific HR organization on earth. The GTM Science mission is to use Science to assist and measurably improve every talent decision made at Amazon. GTM Science does this by discovering signals in workforce data, infusing intelligence into Amazon’s talent products, and guiding the broader GTM team to pursue high-impact opportunities with tangible returns. This multi-disciplinary approach spans capabilities, including: data engineering, reporting and analytics, research and behavioral sciences, and applied sciences such as economics and machine learning.
We are seeking Assessment and Measurement Scientists with expertise developing assessment and validating measures (assessments, performance evaluations, and surveys) to evaluate talent at Amazon. This person will possess knowledge of different assessment approaches to evaluate performance, a strong psychometrics background, scientific survey methodology, computing various content validity analyses, and experience developing legally defensible talent evaluation programs. In this role you will:
· Lead the global research strategy developing performance evaluations both quantitative and qualitative
· Execute a scalable global content development and research strategy Amazon-wide
· Conduct psychometrics analyses to evaluate integrity and practical application of content
· Identify research streams to evaluate how to mitigate or remove sources of measurement error
· Partner closely and drive effective collaborations across multi-disciplinary research and product teams
· Manage full life cycle of large scale research programs (Develop strategy, gather requirements, execute, and evaluate)
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, Python)
· Proficient communications (written and verbal) of technical information for non-technical audience
· Experience partnering with engineers and tech to implement science solutions into product
· Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
· 5-10 years of relevant experience described above
· Deep expertise in legal defensibility of assessment and performance evaluation
· Experimental Research Methodology
· Proficiency leading complex (beginning to end) research projects with multiple stakeholders
· Proven experience providing thought leadership and consultation to educate and influence key stakeholders
· Experience using data to drive Talent Management Solutions
· Experience demonstrating the down stream business impact of your research recommendations
· Adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.