How many FireTV devices should Amazon build?
If you're interested in using science to answer critical business questions like this, Amazon Devices Demand Planning is the place to be. We develop scalable and robust state-of-the-art forecasting solutions for the entire portfolio of Amazon devices. As a scientist on the team, you will have an opportunity to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts. You will play a key role to drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business requirements, exploring a large amount of historical data, building prototypes and exploring conceptually new solutions. You will collaborate closely with peers in engineering as well as business stakeholders. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for Amazon Devices.
· Research and develop new methodologies for demand forecasting.
· Improve upon existing methodologies by adding new data sources and implementing model enhancements.
· Drive scalable solutions.
· Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
· Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other scientists, engineers and business leaders.
· Drive best practices on the team; mentor and guide junior members to achieve their career growth potential.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Fluency in a high-level data analysis and modeling language such as Python, R, Java and/or Scala
· Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
· Experience with time series modeling and machine learning forecasting.
· Good knowledge of SQL, Spark, EMR, Redshift and AWS infrastructure.
· Experience with data management and/or high performance computing.