Prime Video (PV) is a premium entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choices in what to watch, and how to watch it. PV delivers movies and TV shows instantly to TVs, tablets, game consoles and PCs worldwide. This is a young and evolving business within Amazon where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. We’re building the future of TV—yes, it’s challenging, but it’s also a lot of fun.
The PV Search Engineering team is looking for high energy and experienced technical program manager to help us build the future of digital video streaming services. PV Search Engineering is a team that was created to build video-focused search infrastructures from the ground up. Our vision is to make Prime Video applications the first choice for anyone to find, discover, and engage with any Movie or TV Show. We will do that by developing structured video search systems that understand the intent of the search query accurately, utilizing rich metadata sets, and consistently displaying relevant results to customers.
A successful Technical Program Manager candidate will have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, great analytical reasoning skills, and, of course, a passion for TV and movies.
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Superior project management and organizational skills
· Strong customer focus and pragmatic decision-making
· Experience working in an agile development environment
· Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
· Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.