Prime Video is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build the widest selection of digital video content and make it easy for customers to stream wherever and whenever they want. The Video Personalization team’s mission is to give customers individual Video recommendations, to surface the titles that they will most enjoy watching.
As a Data Scientist in the Video Personalization team, you will play a vital role in understanding how to optimize the customer experience, and how to measure and recognize long term customer value. Your insights will drive what the Personalization product engineering team invests in, and help set and measure annual goals.
In this role, you will own measurement strategy, weblab A/B training and office hours, performance tracking, whilst developing new insightful metrics and scaling the existing customer ML models that help define success within online A/B tests. You will work closely with the director, senior managers, product managers, engineers and ML specialists in the Personalization team, as well as people across Video and Amazon in finance, merchandising and economist teams.
The successful candidate for this position will understand customers and business problems, and being a skilled modeler will be able to go complex or simple as appropriate. The role will include:
- Using R, Python, Sagemaker/Eider, Redshift to analysis and model huge quantities of data
- Work with product leaders to understand and reshape their customer problems and deliver innovative solutions
- Own a problem space end to end and deliver to agreed timelines
- Deep dive experiments to better shape the next set of treatments
- Create new metrics that will help guide and evaluation specific customer experience.
- Understand how best to cohort customers to track and optimize customer journeys.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
- Being a great communicator of statistical concepts and solutions.
- Science or Math/Stats MSc/PhD.
- delivering complex customer problems.
- analysis for product development
- weblab A/B design and measurement.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.