Amazon Care is seeking a healthcare Informatics Technical Program Manager that will promote the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in a clinical setting. The Informatics TPM is responsible for data collection, analysis, design, configuration, integration, testing, and maintenance of clinical applications for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
In this key role, the TPM will learn about Amazon Care’s operations and workflow in order to partner with the product management, clinical operations and leaders to translate business needs into clinical system functionality, ensuring that software builds meet organizational goals and external mandates (e.g. HIPAA, MACRA, etc). The Informatics TPM will possess the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment, successfully manage projects and participate in application implementation, activation and procedural documentation, and with a commitment to delivering better services and tools to our providers and patients.
· Participates in the development and integration of various technology solutions into clinical operations for improved patient outcomes, improved efficiencies and reduced variations in care.
· Oversees the implementation and use of the clinical informatics systems, including population health management and analytics tools, in order to support quality and performance improvement initiatives.
· Provides analytical, technical, and problem resolution with clinical information and health management technology as it relates to the end-user (clinical/provider) accessibility, usability, workflow/processes, policies and procedures.
· Communicates and promotes the use of informatics to clinical staff, product, engineering, and any other designated individuals by presenting and discussing approaches to support safe patient-centered care.
· Supports clinicians by providing continuous support, troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. Promotes future and present system functionality by designing, building and testing the clinical information systems.
This role is based in Seattle, WA.
· 7-10 years of clinical informatics experience with large scale health EHR implementation.
· Education - BS or BA.
· Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, project management methodologies, and some computer programming and/or system support experience
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience in communicating with both technical and clinical/business stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Prior experience working with ambulatory or telemedicine focused solutions and workflows
· Must be able to work in a 24x7 team on call rotation, with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs
· Passion for the healthcare industry - good understanding of how the healthcare industry (both provider and payer) operates and the unique characteristics of the industry ecosystem.
· Technical knowledge of healthcare provider and payer applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical details
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven, excellent problem-solving skills, Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Broad knowledge and experience with clinical applications and their interdependencies
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results across healthcare implementations. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of departments, management levels, cultures and personalities.
· Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution
· Knowledge of medical privacy and confidentiality standards
· Intimate knowledge of the healthcare value chain and the application of technology to modernize is a plus
· Education - advanced degree in a clinical or technical discipline
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation