Work at the intersection of data science and economics.
The DAC AdsEcon Team is looking for a Data Scientist III to help and be part of a team to put cutting edge economic and data science advertising research into production. We are looking for a unique individual who is interested in bigger picture strategic thinking but with the passion for big data.
Advertising is used daily to surface new selection and provide customers a wider set of product choices along their shopping journeys. The business is focused on generating value for shoppers as well as advertisers. Our team uses econometrics, machine learning, and data science to help advertisers choose the right advertising product to meet their marketing goals. We also generate insights to guide Amazon Advertising strategy, providing direct support to the high level leaders.
If you have a background in economics, computer science, statistics, or mathematics and have a passion for solving large, and impactful problems, this is the job for you. Key responsibilities of Data Scientist include the following:
· Partnering with economists and senior team members to drive science improvements and implement technical solutions at the cutting edge of machine learning and econometrics
· Helping build data systems that leverage diverse data sources to understand how different advertiser’s decisions impact their performance across multiple advertising products.
· Build interpretable statistical models and analyze experiment results to answer questions that will drive high impact decisions across Amazon.
About Amazon's Advertising business:
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field with at least 2 years of working experience as a Data Scientist
· Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EMR and data pipelines
· Experience working with econometric models on causal impact questions
· Excellent writing skills for both technical and business-facing documents
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.