Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a big impact? Amazon Prime’s tens of millions of members are at the heart of Amazon’s explosive growth, and at the core of its success are products we are building to convert customers to be lifelong Prime members, to help them enjoy their benefits and to increase their engagement with Amazon. Since its start in 2005, Prime has expanded across the world and added multiple benefits for its members, we are looking for a result-oriented principal technical program leader to shape and drive complex technical initiatives to support our product initiatives globally.
This position requires regular communication with executive management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential. The ideal candidate should focus clearly on both delivery and customers. You should have experience managing multiple complete product development cycles, possesses highly respected innovative abilities and expert product judgment.
A successful candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and great project management and communication skills.
· Be a guardian of excellent customer experience for your deliverables, including high availability at high scale
· Be the interface between the product owners and the development team, thoroughly understanding the product, helping define user stories, and driving the evaluation of appropriate technical solutions to meet the business requirements.
· Own engagement with the partners, work to decompose requirements into technical execution plans with multiple development teams, track progress towards goals, and report status to product, business development, and technical leadership.
· Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience and business relevance
· Engage with many other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
· Represent the technical team to senior leadership across the company
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 7+ years of technical program management experience
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 10+ years of experience delivering results on complex, technical products or services
· A deep understanding of agile software development process
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our platform, our products, and the technical landscape
· Experience building high scale eCommerce systems
· Experience leading complex projects involving multiple global teams
· Must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
· Comfort interacting with a broad set of business stakeholders and leading meetings both over the phone and in person
· Qualified candidates have extensive experience defining programs and implementing them across a team focused on delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
· Experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.