Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to join the Finance team based in Seattle to own the overall financial reporting of of North America Fulfillment Operations. We are seeking individuals with strong finance skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication. Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential to this role.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Financial reporting and consolidation for North America operational performance.
· Facilitate effective leadership reviews, manage communication with stakeholders and monitor closure of follow-up items.
· Create business communication forums and drive continuous process improvement.
· Manage financial data reporting accuracy and create insightful views to drive business improvement.
· Own Central FP&A communications and become FP&A SME(subject matter expert).
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on new assignments
· Proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and financial systems including, but not limited to, Cognos and providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.