Amazon Business (https://business.amazon.com) launched in 2015 to meet the business purchasing needs of commercial, government, education and non-profit customers of all sizes worldwide. Today, Amazon Business is loved by diverse customers in 9 countries worldwide (and growing), ranging from the largest companies in the world such as General Electric to sole proprietors, using experiences designed for desktop, mobile, to smart shelves. Business buy more than $1 trillion of products each year, ranging from staples to DNA sequencers, in the US alone. By 2018, Amazon Business had already reached $10 billion in sales and remains one of Amazon’s fastest growing segments. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced UX Design leader to help us reinvent business purchasing and delight customers. You will lead and develop a distributed team of user experience designers, user researchers and writers to define and deliver end to end experiences for Amazon Business customers. You will work with product and engineering leaders across the global organization, driving mechanisms to connect those teams’ work into a single, holistic, end-to-end experience for business customers. The UX team studios are co-located with product and tech teams in Seattle, Austin, Madrid, and Hyderabad. This role serves as the strategic UX Design & Research leader for the Madrid Studio. Key responsibilities:
· Foster a customer-obsessed design culture by sharing best practices, evangelizing design principles, and influencing product strategy.
· Define, develop and socialize a clear vision for design innovation and big thinking while not sacrificing speed of delivery.
· Manage, coach, and empower a multi-disciplinary design team and hire for new roles.
· Provide leadership and design direction, influencing across teams and giving thoughtful, detailed and actionable design feedback.
· Promote collaboration and facilitate communication with stakeholders at all levels and across diverse disciplines and geographies
· Work cross-functionally to drive elegant design solutions from early concept through final implementation and iteration.
· Use data and customer insights to confidently share design solutions with senior leaders
· Use systems-level design thinking to drive design solutions from your team that scale.
· 10+ years of experience designing complex digital experiences
· 5+ years experience building, developing, and leading UX design and research teams
· A current portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates business success
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Experience with design for business customers
· Experience in a range of interfaces (mobile, desktop, external integrations, devices, natural language interaction)
· Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills