Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of and system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As part of the team, you will be working on building a virtual world for development and testing of autonomy software. You will collaborate with leading experts in robotics, computer vision, autonomy and sensor fusion to simulate delivery at scale. You will be adding robot-centric features to our cloud-based virtual reality environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 7+ years professional experience in software development
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals
· Knowledge of python and shell scripting
· Knowledge of any of the following areas: Physical simulation or modeling, Computer vision, graphics, or gaming, Artificial intelligence, autonomous agents, Distributed systems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.