We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
As an Applied Scientist at the intersection of machine learning and the life sciences, you will participate in developing exciting products for customers. Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment.
In this role, you will participate in designing and applying ML algorithms to large, complicated data sets and integrate them into an emerging product. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented scientists, engineers, and product managers.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning.
· Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
· Track-record of having developed novel applications, e.g. publications in one or more of the following: Science, Nature, PNAS, NeurIPS, ICML
· Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools.
· Excellent communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation