Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role with full P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance!
AWS Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to be a key member of its team supporting fast growing and strategic suite of products under the AWS Storage portfolio. Read more about them here: https://aws.amazon.com/products/storage.
This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers and Engineers, to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the AWS businesses.
This individual will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, Service P&L, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, identify and quantify financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business, and drive ad-hoc business projects. Additional responsibilities include helping refine the capacity planning process and modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project and people management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· Support the AWS Marketplace P&Ls and influence business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
· Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leaders
· Take the lead in financial planning and analysis; build complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance, including short and long range financial/operational forecasts, and communicate results to senior management
· Maintain controllership of the business: ensure all financial fundamentals are correct and accurate, such as billing, cost allocation, and financial presentation
· Develop and standardize financial reports
· Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
· BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field and 7+ years of finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility, OR master’s degree and 5+ years of experience
· MBA or similar degree preferred
· Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
· P&L management and/or analysis experience
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
· Strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
· Strong track record of business partnership
· The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
· Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
· Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.