AWS Returners Program – Data Centre Manager – Dublin, Ireland
To Apply for this Returner Data Centre Manager role you must:
1. Be a Returner ie. On an extended Career Break for 12 Months+
2. Be eligible to work in Dublin, Ireland
3. Have fluent verbal and written English
4. Have most of the Basic Qualifications listed below
Are you ready to relaunch your career after an extended break?
If you have been out of the workforce for 12 Months or more, and are looking to return to work, then our AWS Returners Program could be the perfect fit for you.
The AWS Returners Program is designed to support individuals with a seamless transition back into a permanent position, providing the skills and knowledge needed for success.
Find out more about the Returners program here.
Data Centre Manager for the world’s biggest Cloud Infrastructure.
You must qualify as an AWS Returner and have been on an extended career break for 12 Months or more.
You will be eligible to work in Dublin, Ireland.
You will have previous management experience, managing teams of high performers.
You will have the ability to refine and develop processes to optimise operational excellence in every area of your role.
You will be able to drive performance levels to achieve the pace we build and operate our Data Centres.
You will have previous experience in Data Centres, either building or managing (or both) along with exposure to developing great relationships with both internal teams and external vendors.
You will also have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day!
About The Role:
As a Data Center Manager in Amazon Web Services AWS, you will get to manage the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We encounter interesting, challenging & complex problems every day, being a technical manager in AWS means that you can innovate to solve these issues and help drive Operations Excellence in all areas of your role.
Your day job will include (but not limited to):
· Managing and developing teams of engineers, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring highest levels of performance.
· Maintaining existing co-located and in-house Data Centres
· Helping build and bring online new Data Centres
· Constantly improving all our processes and procedures. We believe there is nothing we cannot improve
· Assisting & managing relationships with external vendors & contractors
· Liaising with internal teams & management groups
· Ensuring we adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centres
· Creating and maintaining metrics on all aspects of our Data Centres and utilising those metrics to drive positive changes
· Assisting in implementing service methodologies including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
What are we looking for in a successful AWS Returner Data Centre Manager (DCM) candidate along with the technical knowledge and experience?
As a successful candidate you will have managed a team of at least 5 individuals, over a period of at least 2 years. You will be able to demonstrate how you have continued to improve performance of an existing team along with displaying skills in creating or growing a team. Experience managing both high & low performing employees will be of advantage along with conflict management.
You will have a lot of experience dealing with high severity situations, show a clear understanding of the wider blast implications of any issue/outage and potential consequences of differing outcome scenarios. You will also have experience in Change Management & Fault Management.
An Amazon, the DCM has to deal with vendors, third parties, contractors & security companies. You will be able to prove you have experience dealing with external parties and be able to display incidents of both problem & conflict management when dealing with same.
You will be able to demonstrate an ability of taking both a good working process & a bad process and improving. You will have experience in processes mapping, implementing remediation steps and how this affected the overall business you were working in. Experience in Kaizen/Lean/Six Sigma is preferable
Health & Safety.
Health & Safety should be at the forefront of every DCMs mind. Managers should be able to positively influence the Safety culture of the Data Centre organization.
"Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History". This is our motto and we do all 3 every day. AWS S3 web service recently accepted its 1 trillionth object, currently accepting more than 40,000 objects every second on a daily basis. We think this is really cool and want to expand our cloud to meet our customers continued needs.
We are the most Customer Centric Company in the world and will stop at nothing to meet our customers’ demands. We have proven this business model a success for many years and are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to take us to the next level.
We are expanding at unseen rates, more than doubling our worldwide CloudFront co-location Data Centres in the last 12 months, and expecting to exceed that amount again in the coming 12 months. We are also constantly building brand new Data Centres all around the world with more coming online every few months.
We are building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to help plan and put the pieces together. We are obsessed with Operational Excellence and strive to improve everything we do.
We also want you to progress your career, so will give you the tools to focus on your next desired role and then help you reach it, this is part of our ethos.
If you are interested in solving the engineering challenges of building the world’s largest Cloud Infrastructure, we want to speak to you!
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
· An engineering degree or equivalent
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience managing large scale services
· 3+ years building & managing strong, successful technical teams in a similar culture
· Incident Management Experience
· Vendor Management Experience
· Process Improvement Experience
· High degree of organization and detail-orientation
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects
· Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product
· Ability to consistently deliver results despite competing priorities and distractions
· Security and Health & Safety awareness
· Technical depth to pass at least one of our Network Engineer, Systems Engineer or Developer Support Engineer skill set
· Project Management Experience
· Extensive OE and or Agile experience
· Capacity planning and budgetary experience.
· Experience in Kaizen/Lean/SixSigma is preferable
· Change Management & Fault Management