This position can be located anywhere in the Contiguous United States with reasonable access to a major, international airport or Latin maerica.
Do you have a passion for healthcare technologies? Are you an expert in how hospitals and government healthcare institutions can use cloud technology to enhance their patients’/citizens' experience, or have expertise working with health care public sector institutions to optimize the citizen's health journey? Do you want to help shape the technology that is used by governments in Latin America and the Caribbean, and work closely with them to drive innovation across the industry? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) WW Public Sector LATAM team to develop and execute on the strategy to grow our presence in this industry and work with the world’s largest and most innovative companies. Our team focuses on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing for government healthcare organizations by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry and governments. Bring your business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the cloud leader in the healthcare industry.
As the Industry Leader, LATAM Public Sector Healthcare, you will be part of the sales leadership team that shapes and delivers on an assigned geographic healthcare strategy to help governments, not for profits and other public sector networks transform. Your responsibilities will include engaging with C-suite customers across public sector healthcare organizations to deepen our relationships, working with strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events to drive thought leadership, leading the process to guide our healthcare solutions in this geography, and creating significant business opportunities for AWS. You will work closely with the AWS LATAM sales leadership to drive their key interactions with public sector clients. You will work with solution architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including areas like precision medicine and digital therapeutics. You will provide insight and feedback to core AWS product and services teams to help evolve future AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers. This will initially start as an individual contributor role.
The ideal candidate will have both business/consulting experience and experience working with public sector healthcare customers, with demonstrated sales experience interacting at the government elite and CxO/VP level, with a deep understand of technology. She/he should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. She/he will have a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex industry initiatives to meet business and sales objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of international industry, and a passion for helping them transform using cloud technologies.
Expect 40% international travel to Latin America and the Caribbean.
· 8+ years of work/sales experience in consulting, product management, product marketing, business development, and/or transformation roles in public sector, across healthcare.
· 4+ years of experience in one or more areas of technology (Infrastructure, Applications/Software) or technical sales.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written
· Experience workign in or selling to healthcare industry
· Passion for the healthcare industry – good understanding of how the healthcare industry and the public sector industry procure, operate and the unique characteristics of the industry internationally.
· Experience in technical areas such as database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, artificial intelligence, machine learning.
· Advanced research experience and understanding of clinical genomics is a plus.
· Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure technologies highly desired.
· Client-facing experience and the ability to execute peer-to-peer engagements with CxO’s is preferred.
· MBA is desired
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Technical knowledge of healthcare applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving sales results across worldwide setting.
· Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· PhD, RN or MD is preferred;
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
This position can be located anywhere in the Contiguous United States with reasonable access to a major, international airport or based in LATAM (Mexico City, Bogota, Buenos Aires or Santiago).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **